We are seeking trained dance volunteers interested in working with adults with developmental disabilities as they develop new dance works this season. Volunteer dancers should have:
- Appropriate background and skills,
- Ability to attend orientation and interviews,
- A valid CPIC,
- Complete our City of Kingston Celebrating Accessibility Award-winning MixAbilities Inclusive Arts training program,
- Availability during dance workshop schedule, and
- High interest in learning from dancers with developmental disabilities.
The goal of this “Love of Dance” project is to increase the pool of Kingston dancers who have:
- Been introduced to our inclusive arts training approach;
- Awareness of the value of dance to people with disabilities; and
- Had the opportunity to contribute to a high-quality mixed ability dance production.
We would like to thank the Community Foundation of Kingston and Area for supporting this project.